Old November 1st 03, 01:42 PM
Me

sideband wrote in message y.com...
Oh, chuckie... I was far from a newbie when you decided your call was
more important than my QSO after MIDCARS was shut down on 7.258
December last.. Of course, you won't remember it... your memory is
conveniently lacking when it comes to things of importance.

OH Really?

So, no, it wasn't on a 2M repeater, so you can just put that one to
rest.. It was on HF. I was trying to carry on a QSO with W8BUD, and
you decided to just hop on and call someone while I was transmitting.
Bud told me later that you didn't even bother to ask if the frequency
was clear. And, no, I'm certain my little 100W mobile didn't overtalk
you so that Bud couldn't hear your QRL. Not bloody likely.

I don't remember the incident, honestly. But who in thier right might
would want a QSO with W8BUD? That guy is the biggest LID on Ham Radio,
a flipping CB Radio Transplant with a License. That guys VOICE makes
me want to gringe everytime I hear him. is it any wonder he was told
to clean up his act or never function as a Midcars net control
again?!?!?!

Another thing is.... and if you're a licensed Amateur, as you say you
are, you ought to know this... 40 meters is quite the strange band
sometimes. and sometimes, there are times when people just *don't*
hear you. I mean, especally if you're close. I don't know where you
were, But I don't make it a habit of QRM'ing people or just stepping
on people on Ham. or CB anymore for that matter. If I didn't hear you,
I really didn't hear you and If I made you upset. I do apologize. But
if you feel you must be angry with me... so be it... You won't be the
first and you won't be the last. Just remember this, Bitterness is a
miserable existance. and you live longer if you don't hold grudges.

You were slapped around? I'm not surprised, the way you disregard
common courtesy on the air.. And yes, you certainly embody everything
that is NOT a HAM, both on the air and on this newsgroup. Way to go,
Chuckles... Way to further the hobby.

Oh, give me a break... One incident and you know me inside and out.
Nice try. wanna change your magic act dude? It's getting rather stale.
If you base your opinion of me in this newsgroup. You are a rather
shallow, not to mention stupid, person.

As for the details above, if they haven't rung any bells, I'm most
certainly not surprised; such is life.

As I said, I don't remember it. But if you feel you must hold a
grudge. Go for it. But remember Bitterness is a miserible existance.

Suffice it to say, it ain't happening.

As you wish.

-SSB

You still have posted your real name or your callsign... which makes
me think you have no real male sex organs. :-)

-Chuck K8CPA