Old March 21st 04, 06:15 AM
Jack Painter

"CW" wrote in message
I won't take your statements as anything but ignorance. Have you
successfully trained a radio wave to stop at your property line? It has

been
stated on here before (though you probably don't read anything that might
make you look stupid) that any device of sufficient power to jam a

cellphone
is not going to be contained within the boundaries of your property line
unless shielded to the point that it would be a waste of time as nothing
could get in either. A part 15 device is not going to have the power to be
effective, and if you up the power level, it is no longer considered a

part
15 device. If you think the FCC doesn't enforce these rules, I invite you

build your little problem maker and test your idea. Be aware that
intentional harmful interference is punishable buy a $10,000 fine and 5
years in prison. They don't enforce it on a regular basis but get a few

from
time to time just as an example. It works.
"Jack Painter" wrote in message

Don't mistake my comments as inviting anyone to break the law.

Since your deck of know-how comes from reading in these groups, it's a shame
that reading is so fundamentaly difficult for some people. So read more
carefully, please.

Once more, for the slow ones:

The FCC has never prosecuted anyone for blocking cellphone signals on
private property.

Probably the reason that intelligent people put up with so many hacks in
these groups is, in between great exchange of ideas and information,
sometimes it's fun to watch arguments like yours built on wax, and see them
melt into a puddle of no-return on the floor.

No business owner needs to worry about finding equipment to block my phone
anyway. Unlike the rude masses that the devices are needed for, if asked not
to use a cellphone, mine goes "off"

Jack