Old November 4th 03, 02:51 AM
Frank Gilliland

In ,
(Twistedhed) wrote:

From:
(Frank*Gilliland)
In ,
(Twistedhed) wrote: snip
Using the "F" word is not taking the lord's name in vain.
_
Interesting topic, this "taking the lord's name in
vain" issue. I have heard lots of holy-rollers

whine and cry when someone says "god

damn". But what really is god's name? Doesn't
the bible say that god's name is unknowable?

Like, when Moses asked god for his name, all

he got was, "I am". So if nobody knows the

name of god, how can anybody use it in vain? _

By intentionally referring to the almighty..the term a mortal applies
is irrelevant.

Your statement presupposes monotheism.

_
You're a bible-thumper, Twist -- what do you

think?

I think some are in a sad state concerning God.

Your response was just like I would expect from a bible-thumper.... you can't
accept the reality that the religious and/or spiritual 'state' of anyone else is
none of your concern. Nor is it your place to judge others based on the precepts
of your own personal beliefs, especially when you fail to live according to
those precepts...... remember your version of the "Golden Rule", Twist?

Those who obviously are
in dire need of spiritual direction and refer to one who believes in the
God of Abraham as a "Bible-thumper",,,continue to produce the most
inaccurate posts regarding anything to date.

Those who are overwhelmed by the realities of science and logic usually abandon
them in favor of the simplicity of religion. Those who are incapable of
accepting the responsibilities of their own actions seek adjudication from a
'higher power'. And, according to my visiting grand-nephew, "You go to church
when nobody likes you because the Bible says people who go to church -have- to
like you," which mirrors the observations made throughout history that religions
thrive on social rejects. Pretty god damn sharp for a 6 year old!