Old March 21st 04, 11:00 AM
Dick, AA5VU

Thanks to Irv and others that responded. I plan to remove the Control
Unit from the rats nest on Monday and try spraying the Calibration pot.

I still do not understand the function of the Calibration control? It
is a push in/out (maybe for on/off) and trim pot for setting the meter.
It has very little control over the needle. At best it does a few
degrees to help zero in on South.

Irv, where is the wireround pot you mentioned?

Thanks again to all that responded.

Dick - AA5VU

In article , Irv Finkleman
wrote:

There is a wirewound pot in the rotator unit which tends to get dirty
and can lead to erratic readings as well. You can clean it pretty well
with a little very fine grit paper, or contact cleaner. It is this
pot which tells the meter which direction the antenna is pointing. I
also saw one which opened up at one end and had to be replaced. That
way way back when, but you should be able to order the part. Replacement
is easy. If you do replace it, give it a little spray of contact
cleaner before reassembling the rotor unit.

Hope this helps...

Irv VE6BP