Old November 11th 03, 07:01 AM
Darren418

Default Best Alternative to eBay for banned 10 meter gear

I am not a regular user of eBay, so needless to say, I was quite
surprised when my HR2600 was banned. I emailed eBay and they
basically said the HR2600 has been deemed by the FCC to be an illegal
radio since it's used frequently for out-of-band pirate operation.
Since I am a licensed ham, bought the radio legally from another ham,
and have always operated it legally, I can't see how they can ban
these radios (other than the fact that they can because it's their
auction site and I know this trumps fairness).

So my question, is what is the best alternative auction site for those
10 meter ham refugees who have been banished from eBay? I've heard
Yahoo's site is pretty good, are there others I should consider? I'm
not a dealer, just an ordinary ham wanting to get a fair price for my
prized HR2600.

Thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions.

Darren
W5DKE