Old November 11th 03, 03:47 PM
SF

Yes at time I have some equipment kicked off also. I have no Idea what
the problem is as most HF rigs today is easily changed to work on 11 meters,
with 100 watts of power to boot.

"Harry" wrote in message

Darren418 wrote:
I am not a regular user of eBay, so needless to say, I was quite
surprised when my HR2600 was banned. I emailed eBay and they
basically said the HR2600 has been deemed by the FCC to be an illegal
radio since it's used frequently for out-of-band pirate operation.
Since I am a licensed ham, bought the radio legally from another ham,
and have always operated it legally, I can't see how they can ban
these radios (other than the fact that they can because it's their
auction site and I know this trumps fairness).

I know about the HR2600 ban and it does not make sense to
include it with the Lincoln and the HR2510. Those radios
are easily modified but the 2600 requires major surgery
in order for it to operate out of band. Common sense doesn't
seem to be all that common.

I did not see your auction so I don't know if this applies.
I put up a very nice HR2600 on ebay this year. It had the
Chipswitch so it was capable of 10 thru 12 meter operation.
I mentioned in my auction that it would operate on 11 meters
and ebay pulled it. I listed it again and only mentioned 10
and 12 meter operation and they left it alone. You could also
list it without mentioning the model of the radio. Bidders
could email you about specifics.