Old August 7th 03, 11:29 PM
VHFRadioBuff

Default Help needed with ARX220B

Hello all. I recently bought an Icom IC-38A and a Cushcraft Ringo II ARX-220B
antenna. When the previous owner was taking down the antenna, he accidentally
snapped one of the radials at the thread. I put the antenna up without the
extra piece of coax and the radials and the SWR is just fine. I can even hear a
repeater about 50 miles north of me with the antenna only 10 feet off of the
ground.

Will I benefit by having the radials? I was thinking of contacting Cushcraft to
see what replacement radials would cost.
73! de Andy KC2SSB (ex: KF4KHC/HL9HCT)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com
Fight Spam! http://spamcop.net