Old November 14th 03, 05:37 AM
Darren418

The Hamprice info is really neat. I saved the document for future
reference. I figure then that my radio is priced just about right
considering it comes with a pretty much new $50 aftermarket amplified
mike, and the Chipswitch enhanced microprocessor which is about $100
installed. Throw in a 2510 service manual and two mounting brackets,
and I figure all these extras have to be worth at least $75 over the
Hamprice price (which is presumably for just the basic radio).

It's been years since I've sold any equipment, so one variable I don't
know about is what the overall market conditions are like right now,
but since Hamprice says all their #'s are since March 2003, it's
obviously not too bad.

And yes, I've heard the 706 tends to get clobbered by intermod on 2
meters, but since I use it for a base radio and I live in an extremely
quiet location, that's not a concern for me. In fact the main
intended use for my new 706 is to monitor 2 meter SSB for band
openings.

Radioman wrote in message ...
Yahoo's site is pretty good, are there others I should consider? I'm
not a dealer, just an ordinary ham wanting to get a fair price for my
prized HR2600.

From the current Hamprice document:
HR2600 10M ALL MODE 153, 142, 135, 103

More info on Hamprice at:

If you prize it so much, why are you selling it?

I bought an Icom 706 MKIIG and when the wife found out she, well,
insisted I sell the HR2600.

Those things don't like to be around radio towers. 2 meters is useless
when the tower is a half mile away.