Old March 22nd 04, 06:49 AM
Richard Harrison

Guenther, VE3CVS wrote:
"I feel that to fairly represent what we are doing, we should be honest
in our comparison by comparing items on the same playing field, which
is why we provide our gain values in both dBi and dBd using the above
method."

That should be beyond impeccable. It is almost fool proof if free-space
conditions are specified or if the incremental placement gain is
itemized for a fair comparison.

In measuring gain you can place the reference dipole in the same
location or at the same height at a similsr location to that of the
device under test. When I`ve done that it was satisfying to get test
results which met expectations. It proved performance of the new
antennas.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI