Old November 18th 03, 05:57 AM
Landshark

"jim" wrote in message ...

2LD751 wrote:
See, instead of just picking posts to reply to so you can troll, you should
stick to things you know about and ignore posts that you don't have a useful
answer for. If you had anything to add (such as an answer to my question), you
would have understood what I meant when I called it a "handheld" CB.

The Cobra 75 is a "handheld", all in one mobile CB. It's not a "handie-talkie".
Instead of a square unit that mounts in the car, with a microphone plugged into
it, the Cobra 75 is a CB that you hold in your hand, a little bigger than a
standard Motorola commercial mic. It's got the channel display, on/off, squelch
and a bunch of other buttons on the unit. There's a coil-cord that leads to a
small box, which can be mounted under dash, under a seat, or anywhere else, and
the coax plugs into that. There's also a plug for an external speaker.

So, it's just like any other mobile CB, but it's more compact and doesn't
require you to drill holes. Do a search on the net for it and you'll see what I
mean.

So, back to my original question:

I've seen this radio advertised in overseas websites as "80 channels" and even
as "AM/FM". Does anyone know if there's a mod to change it to either of these?

post this to the uk.rec.radio.cb ng to see if there is any info...

Took a quick look there Jim, looks as
if there were two models, one for the US
and one for Europe.

Landshark.

--
Freedom of speech, of the press, of association, of assembly and petition - this set of
guarantees, protected by the First Amendment, comprises what we refer to as freedom of