Old November 18th 03, 07:48 AM
Frank Gilliland

In , Radioman wrote:

2LD751 wrote:

Handheld CB's suck. The frequency range is such that you can't efficiently
put a signal in the air. At VHF, you can expect a few miles. At UHF, you
are line of sight, the higher the better.

We're not talking about handheld CB's. I am asking about the Cobra 75.

Lets look at your original post:

2LD751 wrote:

Hello all. I just recently bought a Cobra 75. Two things that I thought were
strange was in the manual, when it tells you how to change it from channel to
frequency display, they show a frequency of 27.755, twice in the manual. I did
a search online and I found reference to an 80 channel version of this handheld
CB, as well as one that says it's an AM/FM CB.

Does anyone know if any mods exist for this compact handheld to expand the
channels and add FM coverage?

NOTE: I am well aware of the mode and frequency limitations imposed by the FCC
here in the states, but I don't care. Please don't waste your time replying,
because I'll just ignore your reply and will reply only to authentic attempts
to help me.

Did you notice the second paragraph?

And the first paragraph. Forget it, it's a troll.