Old March 22nd 04, 05:33 PM
Richard Clark

On 22 Mar 2004 06:29:36 -0800, (jaroslav lipka)
wrote:
Have checked out e.e. cummings but I'm not one for poetry thanks.

That is too bad. e.e. cummings is one of our great populist poets who
would have had a rap sheet a mile long in the current administration's
Office of Homeland Scrutiny. Read "i sing of Olaf glad and big"; or
do a search of the archives here for my complete quote of it and to
observe I also offer equally profound technical leads in that same
post. I will admit that both paths are very dense. For instance,
note that e.e. cummings uses the lower case quite deliberately as a
stylistic slap in the face of convention. This is an inversion of the
low self esteem one would analyze, and instead is very aggressive and
dominates the material.

Thank you for your invitation, I am happy to continue to post but
as I pointed out it does not come naturaly, so I will have to ration
them out. Is that ok with you?.

Do as you wish. EVERY post made is a deliberate choice of topic and
concern by any poster. When the technical content about a technical
topic drops to zero, I too find relief from the consequent boredom by
then analyzing style. Any frequent correspondent who lacks
proficiency in both technical expertise and writing style is bound to
be disappointed by my attention.

... could we say Ætherial

Oh dear! thats the second time I have had to check my dictionary in
this post. My interpretation of that is a bit "Airy Fairy"

Well, perhaps that interpretation is a bit stretched, but it is fair
to say you had to go as far to match my own reach. The spelling I
used is archaic (for purposes of stylistic variation) but ultimately
it infers something that has so little substance as to be very light.

G'Day Richard
I limit myself to learning one new word a day, so if
you decide to reply please don't over do it, thanks.

Jaro.

Hi Jaro,

When writing for fun (such as for this forum), over doing it is my
specialty, be it in the technical arena, or the critical dialectic.
Otherwise (as in my professional writing) I can be quite terse. The
quality is the same. I am both a trained engineer through a dozen
technical schools (at which I have also taught) and hold degrees in
languages and the arts. For Art, this translates into "fractured
English" which in reality he should perhaps substitute the word
pompous or didactic. ;-)

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC