Old November 19th 03, 12:42 PM
Ed Price

"gw" wrote in message
om...
"Ed Price" wrote in message

news:WFoub.16633$cX1.14167@fed1read02...
"gw" wrote in message

SNIP

well ed what are your thoughts on a hp 8590? bueno o no bueno?

A very good analyzer series, but generally still priced out of the

hobbyist
market. Reasonably portable, and ruggedly built. Performance is

generally a
bit lower than the 856x series, but still very respectable. Much more

useful
than a hobbyist-affordable 141 analyzer, and easier and more versatile

than
an older 8569 analyzer. Unless your needs are exotic, the 859x series

will
be a good industrial choice.

Ed
wb6wsn

well some guy who has a company that i guess is in the business of
buying refurbing and selling electronic equipment has one on ebay for
about $2100.00. should i cross my fingers and go for it? he takes
credit cards. he says it is working very well, it looks real good
according the pics he has of it and it has a fresh calibration.

I can't assess risk for you, but $2k sounds like a fair price for a good
condition 8590.

Ed
wb6wsn