Old March 23rd 04, 02:44 AM
Warren Bowery

Anyone have an idea as to how much loss would occur using one of the 4"
bulkhead connectors at 2 meters? I ran LMR 400 cable from my Arrow J-pole
straight through the wall to my 2 meter radio for low loss. However, when
a storm approaches, I currently connect the PL to a shorted SO-239 to short
the antenna to ground (I grounded the antenna to a ground rod tied to our
service ground.) I would rather not invite lightning into my home at all
and just disconnect the antenna where it enters the house when it storms,
but I don't want to lose a lot of signal in the process.

My HF dipole is easier to deal with at least - I just throw the ladder line
out the window!

Thanks...

Warren

"Tam/WB2TT" wrote in
:

A few years ago I bought 4 of these things at cablexperts to go through
a garage wall. Don't know if they have any longer than 6".

Tam/WB2TT