Old August 8th 03, 03:52 PM
Bob Miller

On 7 Aug 2003 16:08:25 -0700, (Art Unwin KB9MZ)
wrote:

"Alan Caplan" wrote in message ...
Looking for a vertical like I used in Navy Communications. Base insulator
and heavy walled tubing 32 feet high. Surplus fine.

Alan K4AVQ/ P40AV

Alan,
Since you are going to put an insulator at the bottom I am
assuming that the 32 feet is for the antenna alone.

Crappie fishing pole on E bay/fishing store $25 for 20 foot
telescopic form

Aluminum tape with adhesive backing approx $6 from hardware store.

2 telescopic aluminum tubes from hardware store $17.

One coke bottle from store.

Assemble to length and stick aluminum tape to it end to end,
Rub down to remove air bubbles.

Drink coke.

Place coke bottle into hole and surround with concrete mix.

Place antenna into coke bottle.

What keeps the 32' mast from breaking out of the Coke bottle in the
first wind? (I don't think they construct Coke bottles like they did
in the old days with the thick, green glass.)

Bob
k5qwg