Old November 23rd 03, 11:42 PM
Brainbuster

Radioman wrote in message ...
I am considering allowing the e-mail box to just fill up... it is 100%

spam
in the box anyhow.

Must be a Hotmail account.

No, it's an ISP account.

They bitch that my mailbox is full, but it's got
144K messages saying failures and patches.

That's what is filling my e-mail box. As I do not send mail with that
account, all those "bounce" messages can only be fake.

If they'd block them, my box
wouldn't fill up.

I cannot find a way to stop that ISP from accepting them in the first place,
although I know that my usual e-mail addy will allow blocking by the ISP.

Yahoo is much better. Only a few spams a week with no filters.

It will depend upon how well the addy has got known by spammers. Putting
the addy in newsgroups and on Web pages is a good way to get spammed.
The one I have filling with Spam started receiving large amounts of the crap
when another ISP took over the service... I'll bet they sold on information
to spammers. I now only use it as a spam trap.

Regards,

Peter.