Old November 28th 03, 05:30 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Frank=A0Gilliland)
In ,
(Twistedhed) wrote:
From:
(Frank=A0Gilliland)
In ,
(Twistedhed) wrote: From: (Train)
I do my power cords on a Les Paul!
Train
_
Yea? With a Peavey?

All flaming aside, anyone that plugs a Les

Paul into a Peavey is either a total imbicile

You claim no flames, yet toss a name and manage to misspell
i-m-b-e-c-i-l-e.
Allow me...

or someone looking for a fight!

All flames aside, it appears you came to the game rather late in life.
Was a time in the not-so-distant-past where Marshal nd Peavey were it.
_
Peavey's were cheap amps for people that

couldn't afford a M-A-R-S-H-A-L-L.

Umm,,in your haste, you forgot to nitpick over the missed key in the
next word, as well,
Also, your comment concerning people who "couldn't afford a Marshall" is
bull****, also, There are countless successful bands that used Peavey to
achieve a specific sound, especially when Bass was not a desired effect.

They worked, but the spring reverb sounded

like crap, and the boxes weren't built that well,

either.

I place this along the lines of those who always need to have a good
view of a band when attending a concert and those who bring their
binoculars and base part of their review on the visuals. Serious
audiophiles don't give a damn what something looks like...it's all about
the sound, man, the sound..

Peavey also used low-grade iron in

their output transformers, limiting the

high-frequency response and taking the bite

out of a nice set of pickups. They made great

ashtrays, however.

Many past (and I'm certain, present) successful international touring
acts prove such a statement totally incorrect. Some musicians are
millionaires many times over, yet remain with Peavey. Like manufacturers
of cars, all have their fans. You never saw the "Peavey Page".

-----=3D=3D