Old November 28th 03, 08:43 PM
Methuselah Jones

Default Bad Neighbor

I'm not a CBer, but I'm hoping you folks can help me out. There's someone
who lives near me who I'm guessing is broadcasting with excessive power
(I'm assuming there are regulations concerning that?) Every time he
transmits I pick him up on my TV, radio, cordless phone and computer
speakers and he locks up the cordless mouse on my computer.

To make it works, 99% of the time all he does is whistle, say
"Heeeeeeelllo" or make other weird noises. It gets extremely irritating
having to listen to him.

Is there anything I can do? I've considered seeing if I can find someone
who has a CB I can borrow, find out what channel(s) he's transmitting on,
and ask him politely to knock it off.

Failing that, is there any legal action I can take? Should I report it
he http://www.fcc.gov/eb/AmaCmpl.html or is that just for Ham radio?

--
Methuselah
"The gods confound the man who first found out how to distinguish the