Old November 28th 03, 11:20 PM
Legal Radio

Methuselah Jones wrote in
. 97.132:

I'm not a CBer, but I'm hoping you folks can help me out. There's
someone who lives near me who I'm guessing is broadcasting with
excessive power (I'm assuming there are regulations concerning that?)
Every time he transmits I pick him up on my TV, radio, cordless phone
and computer speakers and he locks up the cordless mouse on my
computer.

Yes... these are all signs of illegal amplifiers... and yes, there are
regulations.

To make it works, 99% of the time all he does is whistle, say
"Heeeeeeelllo" or make other weird noises. It gets extremely
irritating having to listen to him.

Yes... this is typical.

Is there anything I can do? I've considered seeing if I can find
someone who has a CB I can borrow, find out what channel(s) he's
transmitting on, and ask him politely to knock it off.

They will refuse. It is pointless to politely ask them to stop. He may
become hostile

Failing that, is there any legal action I can take? Should I report it
he http://www.fcc.gov/eb/AmaCmpl.html or is that just for Ham
radio?

Go to somewhere else on the FCC site to complain. With the budget they
have, though, you may not see enforcement.