Old November 29th 03, 04:38 PM
Frank Gilliland

In 32, Methuselah Jones
wrote:

Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of
Legal Radio of rec.radio.cb make plain:

Methuselah Jones wrote in
. 97.132:

Is there anything I can do? I've considered seeing if I can find
someone who has a CB I can borrow, find out what channel(s) he's
transmitting on, and ask him politely to knock it off.

They will refuse. It is pointless to politely ask them to stop. He
may become hostile

Well, I figure it couldn't hurt to try; if he does get hostile, he
doesn't know who I am any more than I know who he is.

Failing that, is there any legal action I can take? Should I report
it he http://www.fcc.gov/eb/AmaCmpl.html or is that just for Ham
radio?

Go to somewhere else on the FCC site to complain.

Where elsewhere? That was the only reporting place I found (granted, I
stopped looking after I found it).

Don't bother with the FCC, they won't enforce crap. What you do is start a log,
noting everything that happens with this guy, including the day, time and
duration of his transmissions, any contact you make with him, etc. If you can,
record some of the interference. When you have compiled enough evidence, send
him a letter (certified, return-receipt) asking him to stop. If he refuses, talk
to a lawyer or paralegal about filing suit and/or charges under your local
nuisance laws.