Old November 29th 03, 07:02 PM
Ghost writer

"mrbrew" wrote in message
Does anyone besides me remember Pres. Clinton signing the bill that
transfered authority to the local police to enforce the cb rules and
regulations? I think it was attatched to the tail of another bill, and it
was one of those all or none deals. If that did indeed happen, then

Mr.Jones
can record the activity with his VCR, and call the police while it is

going
on so they can see it for themselves. He may have to dig up documentation

on
the internet to prove to the police that they do indeed have jurisdiction
over the cb band and it's operators.

I have great faith in our local police. They are great guys. They do their
jobs well. BUT.. They like MOST cops wouldn't know the first thing about
proving the origin of a signal. NOR are they equipped to do it. To
prosecute, they need EVIDENCE! Further, most magistrates I doubt are
educated enough on RF to make a sound ruling in such issues. What they MAY
do, is consider calling upon the likes of a local CB shop (reputable) or a 2
way radio shop to aid in proving such a case. I don't see that happening -
as then you may have them hit with fees for service - falling on the tax
payers expense. Yes, they could call in others, but for the report to be
valid, I'm sure the magistrate would want to see proof positive of
experience. A simple license doesn't mean much to some. So, though that
law - I do believe - was passed, I wouldn't jump for joy in it just yet. I
still say - call the FCC. Chances are, if he is tearing you up that bad,
others are getting it too. Have them also contact the FCC. G.W.