Old December 3rd 03, 05:39 PM
Radioman

The moderator wrote:

I have a 2002 Ford F150. I want to wire in my CB to a wire that is only hot
when the ignition is on. Where can I get a diagram of the fuse box that
indicates which wire is the correct one.

Thanks in advance.

Forget the fuse box. Go straight to the battery with a fused 10 gauge wire. Also,
run a fused ground wire back to the battery. Use any grommet or other plug through
the firewall. This method will reduce engine/electrical noise and prevent a fire
if your vehicle ground should go bad. Ideally, you should run a large fused wire
to a separate fuse block for use with all the other stuff you will install. Factory
wire is barely adequate for the vehicle. Don't trust a chassis ground. Also, mag
mount antennas are a cludge. Just drill a hole and mount it right the first time.