Old March 23rd 04, 10:53 PM
mefazamy

Dear Jerry,

Jerry,

In January I had a similar question about propagation, sunspots etc.
So I reread "Understanding Solar Indices" by Ian Poole, G3YWX in Sept.
'02 QST.

Then I found on ARRL's website, "The Sun, the Earth, the Ionosphe
What the Numbers Mean ..." by Carl Luetzelschwab, K9LA
(http://www.remote.arrl.org/tis/info/k9la-prop.html).

Also on ARRL's website is K7RA's weekly solar updates.

Lastly, "SEC Geophysical Alert Description"
(http://www.sc.noaa.gov/Data/info/WWVdoc.html)

These sources just scratch the surface when it comes to explaining
propagation. However, reading these things through a couple of times
can get you a basic understanding about what this fascinating subject
is about.

73,
KB2AMY