Old December 12th 03, 12:55 AM
WJW

Default Audiovox MDU-6000

I recently acquired an Audiovox MDU-6000 CB with the mic-mounted controls.
The transceiver mounts under the dash. On the transceiver, there is the
standard red & black (power/ground) connection wires...but there also is a
full harness set of wires coming from another outlet. What is the purpose
of this harness...is it for wiring into the vehicle's am/fm radio system?
If I do not use this harness, do I then need to attach an external speaker
(it has a speaker plug)? Excuse my ignorance but I've never used one of
these radios before and it did not come with a manual. Thanks and Happy
Holidays!

WJ