Old March 25th 04, 04:35 PM
Irv Finkleman

aRKay wrote:

I wonder if there is anything other than the $8.95 Radio Shack contact
or tuner cleaner that can be used on the Control Unit 'Calibrate'
control? How about WD-40 or sylicon spay dry it out with air?

Silicon spray is not a cleaner and will do little if anything and could
possibly do harm. It is not a moisture problem either so need to
dry it out. WD-40 works well as a contact cleaner and will do the trick.
Fooling around with it and occasionally seeing the correct beam position
still points to the pot in the rotor unit -- it is dirty, but does make
intermittent contact at which time you do see the correct position.

There are no shortcuts. If cleaning the calibration control pot does
not fix the problem, then you have to climb the mast! Better now than
winter -- it won't get any better just sitting up there.

You can always position a mirror outside which will give you
a convenient view of the antenna position through a handy window. Don't
laugh! That's what I did until I got the replacement part.

Irv
--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001