Old August 8th 03, 12:21 PM
Dr. Slick

Default Supporting theory that Antennas "Match" to 377 Ohms (Free space)

Hi,

I looked through Albert Shadowitz's "The Electromagnetic Field",
and found on page 554 support for my original statement that antennas
"match" to the impedance of free space (377 Ohms).

I didn't buy the book, but professor Shadowitz did write on this
page about how creating antennas to most efficiently transfer power to
free space is a similar problem to matching a circuits source to its
load. He goes on to make a short comparison between source/load
impedances to an antenna matching to the impedance of free-space.

Food for thought and no doubt, debate.

Slick