Old March 25th 04, 09:03 PM
Kelly

Ok Rich. Thanks for the answer. I must have ment the Beverage antenna
patent, which I read somewhere.
It sure is an awesome antenna. Yesterday Latin America was wide open but it
was only me that made a logging.
I have equipped my remotely controlled MW Tuner with a user log button so
that people can log what they hear for others to see.

In addition I have also messed with an array of EWE antennas on my farm,
also remotely controlled by users.
And even though I am not a skilled DXer, peope who use it say the EWE is
extreme and less noisy.
I have some picture of this array here
http://www.dxtuners.com/index.jsp?ib_page=29

73
Kelly, SM7NHC

"Rick " skrev i meddelandet

But I heard recently that the Beverage concept is copyrighted??? Is this
true? If so, what does that mean?

Kelly, Don't confuse copyrighting with a patent.
I am only a layman, so lawyers will tell me I am all wrong, but
basically I think all you are talking about is that something someone
wrote (such as a magazine article), if they indicate it is
copyrighted, means you cannot copy their material. It has nothing to
do with your rights to do anything you want with a Beverage antenna.
In fact, you can copyright your netnews postings if you want !! (see
below)

BTW - I also have a Beverage. Mine is 500 ft long in NJ, pointed
towards Europe and it does great. Many 80 and 160 m signals down in
the noise on a dipole are Q5 with the Bev. Also brings in AM
broadcast signals to the NE fantastic.

73,
Rick K2XT
(above article copyright 2004, all rights reserved !!!!)