Old March 25th 04, 10:21 PM
Dave

"JGBOYLES" wrote in message
making up terms again cecil?? I have never heard of 'anti-resonance' and
don't see it in my references here

I have heard the term used before. I typed anti resonance into Google and

got
296,000 hits. I don't think the term was made up.
73 Gary N4AST

it would appear from a quick check that many of those 'anti-resonance'
references are mechanical (preventing resonance), quantum mechanical(some
kind of spin resonance), optical(something about lithography masks), or at
best electro-mechanical (lots of piezo-electric references in there), i did
see one that was explaining electrical resonance as mechanical analogies
that used that term. and, oh yes, there was another discussion group that
had latched onto it as an alternate term for a 'parallel resonant' circuit.