Old March 26th 04, 07:00 PM
The other John Smith

It is called a coaxial antenna. It is usually used in the vertically
polarized orientation, but don't let that stop you from using it in any
other orientation.

"'Doc" wrote in message ...

Paul,
Another suggestion, end feed a center fed dipole. That
doesn't
make much sense, but thats because I don't know how to describe
it.
In effect, run the coax ~through~ one half of the dipole to the
center where the feed point is. One way is to double the braid
back
onto it's self. The folded back braid makes up half the dipole,
the
center conductor is the 'other' half. I'm sure there are better
descriptions and pictures somewhere, I'll see if I can find one.
'Doc