Old August 8th 03, 03:09 PM
WB3FUP \(Mike Hall\)

And another good reason the folded dipole FM antenna works so great. There
is actually science to support use of a 300 ohm antenna. who'd a thunk it.

--
73 es cul

wb3fup
a Salty Bear

"Dr. Slick" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

I looked through Albert Shadowitz's "The Electromagnetic Field",
and found on page 554 support for my original statement that antennas
"match" to the impedance of free space (377 Ohms).

I didn't buy the book, but professor Shadowitz did write on this
page about how creating antennas to most efficiently transfer power to
free space is a similar problem to matching a circuits source to its
load. He goes on to make a short comparison between source/load
impedances to an antenna matching to the impedance of free-space.

Food for thought and no doubt, debate.

Slick