Old March 26th 04, 11:31 PM
Cecil Moore

Cecil Moore wrote:
Good Lord, Tom, do you have to stoop so low as to argue over
0.0000000003? I said it was a ballpark rule-of-thumb estimate
to start with. Just what agenda are you following that requires
greater than 0.0000000003 accuracy out of a ballpark rule-of-
thumb estimate? No need to answer - I already know the answer.

In case anyone has forgotten, here's what I said in an earlier posting:

At least for my multi-band dipole, it appears that the anti-resonant
feedpoint impedance is about 100 times the resonant feedpoint impedance.
The feedpoint impedance at the maximum reactance point is about 5000/2+j5000/2,
i.e. the R is about half the anti-resonant resistance and the Xmax is about
half the anti-resonant resistance times 'j'. These are my rules-of-thumb for
my dipole.

Does everyone understand the meaning of "appears", "about", and "rules-of-thumb"?
In my world, 20% accuracy out of a rule-of-thumb is pretty good. Does anyone else
(besides Tom) have rules-of-thumb that achieve 0.0000000003 accuracy?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp