Old March 27th 04, 01:29 AM
White Rover

Try this link and I am only a G1 http://www.qsl.net/we6w/ant0.html

"Joseph Fenn" wrote in message
va.net...
Way back in the '50's they had some kind of a coax antenna that
consisted of two sections of coax a 1/4 wavlength long, flatop
but cant remember how it was fed by another rg8u section.
I think the radiating part of the coax had the center conductor
running straight thru from end to end, but the shielding only
was carefully severed at the middle of the line and the feed line
was then connected to the severed sheilds. Am not sure now
as my memory is hazy this late in the game, but that Antenna
did produce an outstanding signal on the freqcy it was cut for.
Joe/kh6jf

* Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO *