Old March 27th 04, 01:47 AM
ieee std

Default Will displacement current form a close loop ?

Folks:

I have one question. We know normal conductor current form a close
loop,
is this also true for displacement current ?

In the following diagram, assume a an b are two long conductor wires,
form a close loop and source AC current flows in them, c and d are
another two long conductor wires, form a close loop too. There is no
source current in this loop. We want to investigate the induced
displacement due to source current in ab loop.

a b
+ -

+ -
c d

If we denote displacement current
from a to c as I_ac
from b to c as I_bc
from a to d as I_ad
from b to d as I_bd

Will I_ab = - I_bc ? (I do not think so, am I right ? )
Does this depend on the shape of abcd ?

Let I_c = I_ac + I_bc, total displacement current to c,
Let I_d = I_ad + I_bd, total displacement current to d,

will I_c = - I_d ?
Does this depend on the shape of abcd ?

If displacement current must form a close loop, I think I_c = - I_d
must true, but is this the case ?

Thanks.

Bow && Bow && Bow