Old March 27th 04, 04:46 AM
Stephen Cowell

"Patrick Gardella" wrote in message
om...
Thanks, Doc.

I don't have an antenna analyzer, so I can't check the resonant
freq that way. I was relying on an SWR meter (my shack one).
Nothing at all changes when I adjust the antenna. SWR doesn't
move. I may try to borrow an analyzer from someone to check
that out.

The mount and cable are fine. Just got a new 2m/70cm dual
band antenna to use until I can get the UHV-4 working.
It has a nice SWR of around 1.3 on 2m.

On the UHV-4 antenna, I can't get below an SWR on 2m of
around 5 or 6, even though it's supposed to be ground
independant (1/2 wavelength). I can't adjust the 2m/70cm
at all anyway. It's fixed.

Verify that the screw-off connector (NMO or 259) is actually
making contact... what you're describing (super high swr on
HF, high swr on 2m) points to a piece of unterminated coax
with no antenna on the end! Try reading swr without the UHV4
connected... same reading? Bad connection...
__
Steve
KI5YG
..