Old December 31st 03, 08:13 PM
Dave Heil

JEP wrote:

Check the figures yourself then check how many are really active. Yes
you can but NRA and AARP rags on the stand. AAA no. I quoted no data,
I made an observation. Get you head out the sand and look around.

See all of your old buddies just hanging around the club meeting doing
nothing?

Yep, that's the same thing they were doing twenty or thirty years ago.
They show up though.

is field day as well attended as it was in the 60's?

Yep.

Are new folks welcomed?

Yep.

Is help provided?

Yep.

If so then consider yourself lucky.

I don't know about lucky. Fortunate, maybe, that my experience over
forty years in amateur radio hasn't been the unpleasant one you've
obviously been forced to endure.

Dave K8MN