Old March 28th 04, 07:55 PM
Dave Platt

In article ,
Richard Clark wrote:

then the wire will work harden and break

Copper?

That's my experience, and a few minutes of Google-searching the Web
comes up with numerous references stating that copper does suffer from
work hardening after cold-deformation. The extent depends on the
purity of the copper and on what other metals it has been alloyed
with. [Lead is apparently one of the few metals not subject to work
hardening.]

This process can be reversed by annealing, but that's a bit tricky to
do if the copper is already part of a coaxial cable :-)

--
Dave Platt AE6EO