Old January 6th 04, 10:20 AM
JEP

SNIP___SNIP

Those should be drummed out of the corps, banished to the nether
world of VHF and higher. All must show commitment and dedication
to the amateur community by maintaining a pool of trained morsemen
ready and waiting to save the world from alien invasion.

Everything good in US amateur radio is about morse code skill.

Self-discipline, dedication, committing to the olde-tyme hamme
traditions. Showing all one's hard work and efforts.

Words to live by in the amateur lifestyle, the belief system that is
the bastion of amateurism. Amen.

LHA

Very true. You have hit the nail on the head this time. Everything
that was good about amateur radio was morse code and the trained pool
of not only morsemen as you like to put it but also technically
trained people too. Amateur Radio as a service is gone. It is only
self serving now. Not a service but a high priced hobby. After all, it
is called the Amateur Radio Service. We do not have a right to our
allocated frequencies. We only use them by the grace of the FCC. So
LHA, your tounge in cheek comments ring very true indeed.
JEP