Old March 28th 04, 08:45 PM
Cecil Moore

Dave Shrader wrote:

Wait a flippin minute, Cecil!!

Cecil Moore wrote:
There's a dirty little engineering secret in there, Dave. If you don't
give the engineer a budget and a deadline, he will keep on improving
his design
forever. It's the operations (profit) arm of a company that forces the
engineer to give up and say it's close enough.

1) Meet ALL specifications.
2) Meet them on time.
3) Meet them below budget.

Now, to give Cecil his due, the VP of Operations was intensely involved
because the contract incentives, increased profit, was based on ALL
THREE of these criteria.

Heh, heh, Dave, I think you just proved my point. :-) If you had no time
or budget constraints, would you ever be 100% satisfied with any design?
I wouldn't.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp