Old March 30th 04, 03:11 AM
John Smith

You could get a small neon bulb,
spread the two wires apart (180 degrees)
then see if it lights up anywhere, if so, bad.
But this "test" is not as sensitive as it should be for exposure.
Distance has a great effect, 3 ft away Vs 9 ft away is
a factor of 9 less exposure.
(declines with 1/(r^n) where r is distance, with n range of 2 to 4)

The thing is on all the time too, unlike cellphone exposure.
Should be outside, reflective glass is partially conductive,
and reflects part of the RF too.

"Chuck Daniels" wrote in message
om...
Should I be concerned about this setup:

Netgear AP Netgear Bridge YDI DC Injector YDI 500 milliwatt amp
Huber+Suhner planer antenna, model SPA 2400/85/17/0/V

I need the special antenna to overcome triple pane uv glass and 1 mile
to wisp.

The antenna is directional (85 degree horizontal) and my desk is right
behind the antenna. I use the set up a couple of hours a day.
Anything to be concerned about?