Old March 30th 04, 10:48 PM
Lonnie

Thank you both Dave and Alex.

RE Dave's post.

I think you are right. 1 watt at the base of the antenna is what you
are allowed. So you think that the total dbm I can run is 36 for omni?
Is there a height limit to that?

Re Omni verses directional.

I would not mind doing directional. I just did not know how to add
different directions. Can you do several antenna easily? In either
case, omni or direct I always planned on running the signal through
wire (well both wire and wireless off another router.) once I got to
the building. My big problem is I can not find a site that will tell
me in plain language what parts I need to get this stuff to an
antenna. I can do all the network stuff but this signal stuff is just
kicking my butt. I know want to setup the most complicated/powerfull
omni I can at a reasonable price just so I understand the distances it
will travel.

Re Alex's post

While not a amateur radio person at heart I am a experimenter. I have
looked at serveral sites that show how to turn a pringle can
http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/has.html into an antenna to an old
primestar dish http://www.wwc.edu/~frohro/Airport/P...Primestar.html
.. Once I know more info I fully intend to play with all this and more.
I am just having problems finding all the parts. Well best parts best
info. All that stuff.

I figure poeple like you and Dave may know where to find sites that
will put all this info in laymans terms.

Once again. Thank you all.