Old March 30th 04, 11:19 PM
Chuck Daniels

Unfortunately I can't mount the antenna outside, since I am in a
30-story building with no option for mounting things outside. If part
of the energy radiates back into the apartment is that really
dangerous or is it reasonably diffused?

Also, does the YDI amp give off a lot of energy? I just have it and
the dc injector sitting on a shelf near the antenna.

Thanks

(Richard Harrison) wrote in message ...
Chuck Daniels wrote:
"I need a special antenna to overcome triple pane uv glass and 1 mile to
wisp.

Search says 2.4 - 5.8 GHz is involved. A dish has no rear radiation. Its
directivity and gain are proportional to its size and the size is
reasonable since the wavelength is in cm , less than 5 inches.

Depending on frequency and efficiency, a 6-ft dish may give more than 20
dBi gain.

Placement of the dish inside and close to the window may be convenient
for connection and obviates wind-loading. Jam up to the window may
screen the room for much of the possible reflection. Sceens could be
used to deflect other reflections.

High gain may overcome high transmission loss. It`s standard procedure
on microwave paths.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI