Old April 1st 04, 12:07 AM
SB

if you get a lot of lightning in your area....invest in a grounding system.

One for power....one for tower....on for antenna line.

I didn't have one for mine and would disconnect the antenna when I didn't
use it (long periods of disuse). But I would always ground out the antenna
jack before connecting it again as static DOES build up. how much static?
who knows....but it's the fool that sits there banging his heading after the
static bites back!

"Marvin Rosen" wrote in message
Should one disconnect an outside buried ground
to their indoor equipment during a storm? I was
under the impression that static/lightning can still
get to your equipment thru your gnd system?