Old April 1st 04, 03:46 AM
Mark Keith

"Marvin Rosen" wrote in message . ..
Should one disconnect an outside buried ground
to their indoor equipment during a storm? I was
under the impression that static/lightning can still
get to your equipment thru your gnd system?

I guess opinions will vary on this, but I am never connected to my
outside ground. Don't use a shack ground connection anymore. But if I
still did, yes, I would unhook it during storms. It's ok to have the
ground, if properly set up, IE: "star config" to the ground window,
but I prefer to be totally isolated from everything outside. I ground
my feedlines outside, and thats it. All thats left is unplugging the
gear if I think it's bad enough. And I really don't have to do that.
Just makes me feel better...MK