Old April 1st 04, 11:42 PM
Richard Clark

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:05:05 -0500, "Macman"
wrote:

Thank you Richard. This my first discone I've had a chance to play with and
didn't realize that verticle 'whip' was 6m. The lower radiating elements
that make up the cone; two of them have telescoping elements inside of the
main element. Maybe some gentle adjustments there would improve the top end
of the 2m band.
Thanks for you input.

Hi OM,

That determination of 6M was by dint of simple guess work. The
dimensions compared to wave length (quarterwave) will bear out what
part is responsible for the lowest frequency. The inclusion of
telescoping elements further complicates the analysis. Perhaps if you
were to supply dimensions, then we could shake the characteristics
out.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC