Old April 1st 04, 11:49 PM
Richard Clark

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:40:23 +0800, Dan Jacobson
wrote:
Just curious, what is the result of computer modeling for the ideal
shape of Yagi elements? I couldn't just be simple tubes.

Hi Dan,

Been a long time since I've heard anyone described as totally tubular,
much less simple tubes....

Anyway, RF current is pretty much confined to the outermost layer of
metal for any conductor ( skin effect). On the basis of weight and
cost reduction, there is no merit in using solid rods when you move on
out of the common wire dimensions. In other words, the missing metal
hardly contributed to lower resistance for RF.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC