Old February 1st 04, 10:26 PM
Old School

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 16:18:50 -0500, Lou wrote:

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:47:50 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this
mindspring.com wrote:

"Lou" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:34:39 -0500, Tom wrote:

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 23:30:46 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this
mindspring.com wrote:

Learning the code, and then not using it, is just plain DUMB.

Dan/W4NTI

No it isn't. The majority of Hams have no interest in CW. Like myself,
we only learned it to get our license. Now, its time has passed.

Exactly. Unfortunately the people that learned the code, including the
"know-coders" that have no interest in CW, have a chip on their
shoulder because they HAD to learn it.

You must be from the 'me' generation. I learned Morse Code because it was a
license requirement. It never occured to me to whine and bitch and hope the
FCC would hear me.

All you do is whine and bitch.

Then guess what happened? I used it, and three months after I got my
Novice I had a General. ANd then what did I do? I STILL operated CW.

Actually those of you that automatically assume CW is just no fun at all are
really missing a large part of the enjoyement of Ham Radio.

Whatever turns you on. I learned because I had to. To me it's boring
and you couldn't pay me to use it. Thankfully, in the near future
others won't be forced to go through the silly hazing ritual code
test, to get their license.

AMEN Lou!!