Old February 2nd 04, 02:24 PM
Herman Tibbs

Ok, at the time I am a no-code tech but I am working on getting my CW so I
can advance to General. I would prefer to go the "Old School" route as the
people who got me into it also did. I think my 12 year old son is even
challenging me on the CW. If I get it and my general, he goes and gets his
tech. I got news for him. He'd better get ready for the CW cause when I
take it, I am also going to take the Extra class in the same session so he
had better get ready to go General pretty quick (laughing).

On the other hand, I think that it is good that they are trying to make
the hobby more attractive so that more might get into it.

As a result, I do think that more "self-policing" should be practiced as
in every crowd, you have a bad element.

Feel free to e-mail any comments about this posting to me.

73
KC8VJD

Old School wrote:

Where will you Pro-Coders go now? I have a feeling that all you
against NO-CODE HF will like the new move. You may not like it now,
but you will. If not, will you give up on Amateur Radio like several
have stated they resigned there ARRL commission? There is no proof
that anyone has resigned there ARRL Membership! Was it all talk and no
action? You Pro-Coders are full of it and you know it. If it becomes a
reality, I will be one of many who will get a membership with the ARRL
to take the place of the grumpy old men. 55 years of age and older as
the ARRL reported, so good bye!!!