Old February 2nd 04, 11:45 PM
Old School

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:13:43 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this
mindspring.com wrote:

"Old School" wrote in message
.. .

You must be from the 'me' generation. I learned Morse Code because it

was a
license requirement. It never occured to me to whine and bitch and hope

the
FCC would hear me.

Then guess what happened? I used it, and three months after I got my
Novice I had a General. ANd then what did I do? I STILL operated CW.

Actually those of you that automatically assume CW is just no fun at all

are
really missing a large part of the enjoyement of Ham Radio.

I actually feel sorry for you.

Dan/W4NTI

Now that is a true and honest response Dan. That is what I like to
hear. Even though I still believe morse shouldnt be a requirement in
order to get to HF Amateur, I do believe that the ones who love CW
should encourage its use and if there are those who want to learn,
help them out. The problem alot of people have in there areas is,
Without the ticket, they cant talk HF. Therefore discussing CW would
be non existent for those. Most people dont do CW in the UHF/VHF bands
even though there are a few, But not every city or county has CW users
in those UHF/VHF bands. HF has the abillity to travel a greater
distance than the UHF/VHF bands therefore increasing the readiness of
CW and the ability to learn from others.

I have offered to do cw training locally, I am available to help in any way
I can. But what I usually get from this crowd is negative commentary, thus
I respond in kind.

Their loss.

Dan/W4NTI

It's is probably because no one takes the time to explain why they say
what they do. Hey, I can't deny I won't dislike CW, I just have no use
for it at this time and don't feel I should be forced to learn it in
order to go to HF. If and when I get to HF and I hear a few stations
keying-a-way on CW, I will be the first to admit that I am wondering
what the hell are they talking about? Give me credit here, I am
interested in it, And I do know one thing that I haven't seen anybody
say that shows I do know something about it, You can't send your voice
through the CW or FSK modes.

73
kf6foz