Old August 8th 03, 11:08 PM
Mark Keith

W5DXP wrote in message ...
Mark Keith wrote:
It's simple. Cecil did not use enough radials for the low height he
mounted the vertical.

I used *twice as much wire* for radials in the vertical as I used for
the entire horizontal antenna. :-)

Unfortunately, that was not enough.

In addition, the top of the vertical
was 15 feet higher than the horizontal and was a lightning rod.

The top of mine was nearly 70 ft in the air. It was never struck once
the whole time I had it up, and went through some radical t-storms.
Funny part? After I took it down, I've had that mast struck twice,
with much less height.

In
addition, the RG-213 cost three times as much as ladder-line.

You are a retired injuneer. You should able able to afford it. :/

Anyone
need a 33 ft aluminum tubing vertical? Come haul it away.

I would, if I were closer. Then I could put up two of them, phase
them, and really kick some butt. I'd take that overpriced 213 off your
hands too. MK