Old April 4th 04, 08:31 PM
JJ

'Doc wrote:
'JJ',
'Windom' antennas work well if they are used/erected
properly. They aren't really any 'better' than any other
antenna used properly. The 'all band with no tuning' is
more 'sales hype' than fact. But, they do work.
I think the particular antenna you are looking at is
more accurately called an 'Off Center fed' than a 'Windom',
but that's sort of 'picky'...
'Doc

PS - I also think the price is sort of 'steep', for a basically
simple antenna.

I wonder about this one working all bands without a tuner. I need
something simple for the moment that I can quickly put up and work
several bands. I think this one is what is/was referred to as the
"Carolina Windom"? Thanks to everyone for the replys, I think I will try it.